St. Patrick's Day (March 17) is on a Sunday this year. Yay! That means we'll have a weekend day to celebrate with our families! We have a fun St. Patrick's Day craft kit that we are giving away. The kit is a great way for preschoolers, kindergarten, and elementary school-age children to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
St. Patricks Day is a holiday filled with fantasy and fun. Some tips for those of you who want to brush up on St. Patrick's Day origin and festivities:
- St. Patrick's Day is Ireland's national holiday and is an annual feast day celebrating the patron St. Patrick
- St. Patrick was credited with bringing Christianity to the Irish
- The holiday has also become popular in the U.S. where people where green and eat corned beef and cabbage, as the Irish do!
- Shamrocks, rainbows, pots of gold, and leprechauns are also associated with St. Patrick's day.
- The three petals on shamrocks symbolize the lucky number three, which is Ireland's magic number, and are supposed to bring good luck.
- Leprechauns are small Irish Fairies who spend all of their time making shoes and store their coins in a hidden pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It is said that if you catch a leprechaun, he must grant you three wishes (which could include finding out where he hides his pots of gold).
- Wearing green makes you invisible to leprechauns who will pinch you if they see you.
The St. Patrick's Day Craft kit includes these pre-packaged crafts and supplies:
Leprechaun Neck Tie Craft Kit for Kids
Embellish this green St. Patrick's paper tie (12 ¾”) with self-adhesive foam pieces. Once you're done, wear it on St. Patty's Day so you don't get pinched by a leprechaun!
Leprechaun Magnet Craft Kit for Kids
Shamrocks are good luck. Assemble this shamrock and leprechaun magnet craft (2 ¾”) with the included glue, and put it up on your refrigerator for good luck!
Shamrock/Ladybug Charm Bracelet Craft Kit for Kids
This cute bracelet has fun ladybugs and shamrocks. Your child can give it to a family member or friend or keep it for themselves!
St. Patrick's Day Door Hanger Craft Kit for Kids
Get your shamrock on! Glue these shamrocks and pot of gold embellishments to a foam door hanger (10”), and hang them on your child's door!
One lucky reader will win the St. Patrick's Day Craft Package for Kids.
Giveaway ends Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 11:59 pm EST. Open to US residents only, ages 18+.
Enter using the Rafflecopter form below.